Saturday 14 January 2012

AH! SUNDAY!!!!............................U MEAN AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH SUNDAY??

I miss Sundays! I really do! God knows when was the last time I had one!

You are probably thinking what am I saying, after all this is a Sunday, but what I AM talking about is a real Sunday, when where you wake up, the only thought in your mind is what mamma has made for breakfast, or which friend are you gonna meet today? or which movie is coming on max?

And now, even before you clean you'r teeth you are glued on your laptop, texting, breaking your head over various assignments, work, where you can go and booze today? The "real" Sunday  is dying my friends, and I intent on saving it.

As far as I can remember, my perfect Sunday was going to the church in the morning(I still do...but in the evenings!), then come back and have a yummy malayali breakfast, mostly appam and chicken stew(sweet lord)! then plonking down in front of the television and watching either Mahabharat or Ramayan. then a little homework, a heavy lunch, a lil nap and the rest of the evening was nothing but absolute fun! Now THAT, was a Sunday mon amie!! Even during under grad in hostel, we would would wait for Sundays, so that we could gorge on our customary idly-vada brekky and then the lazy ritual of washing clothes...good times!

I guess, all of it is part of "growing up", you start loosing time for yourself, you don't care about breakfast, its work all the way!! its completely natural to be worried about what is pending. What a load of  ****!! We are to blame, come on! Are you saying that you don't have the time to have a good time? Listen to yourself! Sunday is our one chance to sit back and actually give our nerves a break! And that too goes down either killing time or having a nervous breakdown thinking about the impending doom of Monday!!

God Almighty made Sunday with a purpose, after all, he created the whole world in 6 days and that was a lot of heavy duty, he needed some time to breathe, so voila, Sunday!! don't you think we need a day, okay, at least half a day, to ourselves? I don't know, but it seems like most of us have forgotten ways to unwind ourselves. Hold your horses, whining on Facebook and cell phone usage does not count! I am talking abut, going for a long walk, cooking, baking, singing, playing something, trying out something new, meeting pals,  chalo yaar even blogging to some extent!

Do you remember you'r Sundays when you were younger, sure there was not so much work to do, but still, at least it dint pop in your brain all the time. When was the last time you read your Sunday horoscope on your bed with a mug of coffee, and actually reacted to what you read? We deserve it, and we need it! Even though I am in bed with a muscle pull, I had a  pretty good start today. A nice cheese omelet, newspaper and blogging. I know that by around 6pm my panic button will do the conga, but till then I am going to have a real Sunday!

And so should you! Don't let the worldly moochers and their bag of misery steal your Sunday away from you my friends, this is our day...go for it :) !!!



peace! :)


1 comment:

  1. il dolce far niente

    http://becomingitalianwordbyword.typepad.com/becomingitalian/2011/06/the-sweetness-of-doing-nothing-in-the-italian-language.html

    ReplyDelete