Friday 13 January 2012

SLAP!!! a 'lil poem about my recent mortifying experience!!

He was sitting on a ladies seat and smiling at me!!
Of all the nerve! why wasn't someone saying something?
even the conductor...ass.

As usual, my immediate reflex was, "oh yea? meet your maker!"
of course. my mind always aims for things like that you know...
karate chop in the shins n the works!

The young girl with a rose in her oiled hair was glaring at him reproachfully....
to no avail.
His smile was still on.
I was 7 stops away, and I badly wanted to sit.

What a conflict man!! God! I knew what I had to do, but I couldn't.
I was compelled to stay, compelled to disobey my morals,
and my ...my face was a sight to behold.
Constipated.

But what struck me that moment was my weakness,
how shallow my so called bravado is..
.i'm letting some jerk get the better of
ME?

This. Was. It.

My mind was made.
I would go to him, tell him to get up,
if he'd give a retort...I'd give 2.
If he hit me, I'd hit him back.
Whatever it would take for me to get that seat.

As I took a step forward,
the girl next to me walked up to him, said something...
I waited for the explosion...it never came.
He got up quietlyvand clung to the pole.

She sat on the seat, and smiled at me calmly.
SLAP! on my face.
And I was back to square one.

sigh...I stood all the way till my stop.


peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment